What happens after I enroll?
Once you join a Medicare Advantage plan from Mass General Brigham Health Plan, you will receive these things by mail:
A confirmation letter from Mass General Brigham Health Plan in about 10 days, letting you know we received your application and that Medicare has approved your enrollment in your Medicare Advantage plan.
- You can use this letter at doctor appointments until your Mass General Brigham Advantage Member ID card arrives.
Your Mass General Brigham Health Plan Member ID card
- Always carry and show your Mass General Brigham Health Plan membership card when you visit your doctor, pharmacy, or dentist.
- Keep your Medicare card at home for your records.
Within 15 days of enrollment, a representative will contact your to confirm you understand your enrollment and terms of your new Medicare Advantage plan from Mass General Brigham Health Plan.
A note about prior authorization
Prior authorization is a process in which Mass General Brigham Health Plan works with you and your doctors to make sure you receive medically necessary, high-quality medical treatment at a reasonable cost. Some services require prior authorization by Mass General Brigham Health Plan regardless of whether these services are given by Mass General Brigham Health Plan contracted or non-contracted providers.
Some examples of services needing prior authorization include:
- Diagnostic services, such as CT scans and MRIs
- Admissions to transitional care units, acute rehabilitation, and skilled nursing facilities
- Inpatient hospital
- Durable medical equipment
- Home care services
- Select prescription drugs
Request a Mass General Brigham Health Plan Benefit Kit
Get benefit details, compare plans and more when you request your FREE Plan Benefit kit now.